Sunday 28 November 2010

Captive rear wheel spacers

I took the bearings out of my spare fireblade wheel and discovered the spacer tube was made from (very rusty) steel.  My first wheel must have had an aluminium replacement, so i made an aluminium bearing spacer for the spare wheel too.

I managed to find some bearings the same dimensions as the current rear wheel bearings, but with a 22.22mm internal diameter rather than 20mm so decided to make a captive spacers for the brake side and pressed them into both wheels.

I also got hold of an Active quick action throttle, which is now fitted.  The throttle is really heavy (it was heavy with the standard throttle, but I assumed it was the old, dirty, kinked cables). Nothing seems to be sticking so i'll have to investigate further.

Sorry no pictures, forgot to take my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment