Saturday 2 July 2011

Finishing off for the trackday

I spent far longer than expected making sure there was clearance between the mudguard and tyre for the warmers, took much longer than expected and I ended up having to cut out huge sections of the front mudguard... it looks hideous (that's what i get for buying the cheapest i could find.). 

The new tyres are on the rims and in the bike, so I now have the OZ front wheel and 320mm discs. I'll use the 300mm discs on the wets.  Had to make some 10mm spacers and buy longer bolts, I meant to order some when i was at Steve Jordan's, but i forgot.

My dad has also been fitting the quick-shifter, which he tells me has been a right pain.  It's almost done, only issue left is the speed sensor.  The sensor works but the quick-shifter box doesnt seem to be detecting it.

Spacers and pro bolt replacements.

320mm discs, with 10mm spacers and oz wheel in.
I also got my dad to make me up a new exhaust hanger from 5mm strip aluminium which I then welded up.  As usual the really nice weld is on the back where you can't see it and the exposed one is rubbish.  Looks much nicer and is stiffer too.

Still got quite a it left to do for Tuesday.

New hanger, you can also see the R10's and the amount of the mudguard I had to trim

No comments:

Post a Comment