Tuesday 5 July 2011

First Ride

Had my first ride today at Brands Hatch, it's a big step from the MZ.  Took me most of the day to get over how powerful it was compared to what i'm used to.  Didn't set the world on fire with my pace, but started to feel much more comfortable on the bike as the day progressed.  Also got noise tested and it's very quite, only 100db, which does mean i should be able to go on quite trackdays.

Down side is it started smoking and looks to have burnt quite a bit of oil in the last session, reckon i might have messed up the valve/valve guide clearance.  So snett is now off, while i figure out whats up.  I also need to sort out my rear suss, as after 4 sessions it started to tear up the rear tyre.  I def reckon i'll stick with the type 3 front and switch to the harder type2 rear (which was what i was advised) reckon the softer rear was too soft for today.






No comments:

Post a Comment